View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jays89YJ
Quote:
Originally posted by papromike
Its basically a big ass water cooled electromagnet, that "shocks" the metal with so much electricity that is forces the molecules to become polarized.

the output of the electricity is rated in Kilojoules (spelling?) needles to say you would Not want to be on the receiving end of it..

Gauss is the measurement of the particles in steel which have been polarized and it give you an amount of "magnetism"

Standard Ferrite composition material will reach total saturation at approx 18,000 kilogauss, Neodymium (a rare earth metal) will handle up to 22,000 kilogauss before it reaches saturation.
Very cool.

Do most of your components wind up in most of the monitors, racks, woofers, amps, etc. made for audio production, concerts, etc.? It's interesting to me because I've bought monitors before while DJing in college. Plus I played trumpet in a few Jazz Funk & Ska bands and we had a bunch of equipment. A lot of the guys would be partial to brands. I'm just wondering if most brands buy the speakers, cones, woofers and components from where you work.

You know, sort of like Spicer U-joints or AC Delco alternators.