Thread: Lessons learned
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wind_Danzer
Blaine,

Tell us how you really feel.

I have a feeling your new friend isn't going to be posting much.
IMO - people really need to make sure they are prepared and aware of how their actions affect the group.

I realize this guy was new to us, but he was warned, twice, about making sure his equipment was up to snuff. It wasn't. Frankly, it wasn't even close. Many of us have spent a lot of our money and/or time making sure our equipment is ready. You must be cognitive of the group and respect your wheeling partners enough to prepare.

I know he didn't do it on purpose. He seems like a nice person. People have bad days and bad things happen out there (ask me how I know). He did say he felt awful about the whole thing.

None of that changes the fact that instead of spending time with two people that flew a couple thousand miles to see Blaine, he spent time fixing someone else's Jeep, and did so without complaint or snivel.

There were conversations and meetings, that had been planned, that were not completed because of this.

Jeff