View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
the 3 S's that are important to me (shower, sleep, $hit).
I hear you on that. This one has it all, Queen size bed for the sleeping part, and a room addition for the potty and shower. It currently doesn't have a shower but I don't think it will be hard to fab one up.

Quote:
I've also decided that the TJ is truly a lame vehicle for anything other then wheeling and having fun with only a couple people for a short time. The storage is abysmal. My wife and I were watching TV and Jeep was talking about their 0 percent financing and she says "too bad you spent so much on your Jeep - we could get a new 4 door KJ Unlimited Rubicon and have all that room....

Oh well. I'm also cheaper then Erik right now and only want to spend south of 2K for this trailer - we'll be getting a new motorhome in a couple of years so I just need a place to stay in JV for a while.
As lame as it is, it still allows me to have some fun and more importantly, I would have never met so many incredible folks if it weren't for the Jeep. So, it has its upside. Last week, my local dealer called me to let me know he had a Red JK Unlimited on the lot, and I went over to drool on my lunch break. When my wife saw the brochure I brought home, she said that if I get a JK, the TJ is hers. It would be nice, but I don't need another money pit.

This project is not going to be cheap. The trailer itself is a pretty penny, and mods to both the trailer and the TJ will most likely happen, but I am not looking to get an RV. I don't have the room for it nor the vacation time to truly use it, and me behind the wheel of one of those.... well, think Robin Williams in the movie "RV".

Quote:
Now, if someone could build a smart off road trailer that was light and reasonably priced - they could probably sell a bunch of them....
Nidacore