View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 08:38 AM

The deal with the plastic and aluminum factory radiator is that once it starts leaking, it can't usually be repaired so it is leak-free again. I took my leaky factory (TJ) radiator to the dealer to get it fixed and after three attempts, the dealer gave up and installed an aftermarket radiator for me at no charge. I should add that it wasn't the dealer that actually tried to fix the leak, they took it to a local radiator shop I know to do good work. I was in that shop later and asked them about Jeep radiators and they said that they've had very little luck getting them to stop leaking once they start. It's those cheesy clamps that hold it together because plastic can't be welded to aluminum. Cooling-wise, the engine runs at the same temps as before with the aftermarket radiator. I have never noticed and never really thought to check whether a 2 or 3 row model was installed.

What are the real differences/advantages/disadvantages between 2 and 3 row radiators anyway? I've never really understood what works best in what conditions and why one would be chosen over the other.