View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
So, there's still no connection to terrorism and being in Iraq, eh?
The proof is in the pudding, or lack thereof. I've yet to hear, read, or smell of any proof or even allegation of Iraq sponsoring terrorism as a nation. Maybe it's out there, but I don't see it being held up. In fact, I distinctly remember Bush stating that Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11 and/or Bin Laden very early on in this campaign.

Syria, on the other hand, has a documented and admited track record of state sponsored terrorism against our only true ally in the entire region and we sit on our thumbs when it comes to them.

If we wanted to make an example of someone, then we shoud state that, and not all this other "free Iraq" BS that we peddle to ourselves and the rest of the world. I'm not saying they didn't have it coming or that they don't deserve it, I'm just sick of the candy coating.

Bottom line is this - freedom costs a lot and you gotta want it bad. If the people of Iraq TRUELY wanted freedom they would have overthrown Saddam years ago. And don't sing me any BS that they couldn't - I'm sure the same thing was said about England 300 years ago.

Jeff