View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Who changed my user title?

Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett
Quote:
Originally posted by Paradiddle
I realize this doesn't answer the question, but...
The problem is we can no longer stand on our high horse and declare that type of treatment as "evil" - because we are doing it as well.
We might not be chopping off heads, or at least none that we've heard of yet, but our actions to the prisonors is just as degrading and wrong.
That whole place is a giant mess and we just need to figure out how to get the hell outta there without losing more political face.
Jeff
I could not disagree more.

We are not beheading innocent and/or defenseless individuals. The only evidence revealed thus far is that a few prisoners have been subjected to humiliating and emotionally stressful practices. What has not been released (more likely is being withheld), is whether these practices were in the course of interrogative and/or punitive purpose. Being as an unknown number of these prisoners are the same combatants that dressed as civilians, used civilians as human shields, took shelter and and fired upon U.S. forces from wholy places and places dense with civilians, I'd suggest that if these pictures reveal the extent of our interrogative and punitive measures, then these sonofabitches are getting off far far too easy.
DO NOT compare the beheading of an INNOCENT CIVILIAN to the "mistreatment" of THE ENEMY!

F*ck political face. We are in a complete state of clusterf*ck because of concern of political face and political positioning.

The person(s) that leaked the prison photos to the press should be considered an enemy of the State, imprisoned, and tried for treason.