View Single Post
Old 04-15-2002, 09:28 AM
Administrator

What I learned in JV this weekend

This was a weekend of firsts.

17,400 MP winch ropes can break. They do not snap when they do. I would have no problem standing next to one when it breaks.

If you do break one, you can tie a knot in it to get your self back into winch mode. Fairly sure you can't do that with steel cable.

Nothing is unbreakable.

MT/R's still rule in JV.

Everyone who wheels hard should run a steering box brace of some kind. I will be fabbing one up to compliment my radiator skid.

There is no substitute for driving skill. Most of the time I felt like I had never even been on a trail this past weekend. My driving was sloppy, choice of line was mediocre at best. I almost put my jeep on it's side 3 different times.

Last weekend I spanked Garry on several obstacles and this past one, I couldn't catch him to save my butt. Some days are peanuts and some days are shells. I am still looking for the peanuts.

I need to let my driving skills catch up with my jeep's abilities.

I hate vultures.

Don't get the impression that I didn't enjoy myself, because I did. I had a blast. The company was unbeatable, the rigs worked well, and the trails just keep getting harder and harder. My kind of wheelin'.

Wider is not always better.

It is impossible to ascertain the value of something until you have paid for it a few times.

[This message was edited by mrblaine on April 15, 2002 at 10:50 AM.]