View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
My wife, daughter and I will be flying to SLC on Sunday 10/21, picking up the LJ in Provo, and then driving back home over the course of the Thanksgiving week. We have never been to that part of the country and we figured it would be a good opportunity. We're thinking of leaving Provo either Monday pm or Tuesday am, and getting to Minneapolis sometime Friday or Saturday.

It would be fun to wheel it, but I'll have to be conservative since I won't have any tools or anyone else with me and I don't feel like making the 10pm news. So, we'll stick to some cool tourist things and what we have to figure out is which route to take and what to see. Requirements would be to have motels nearby since camping is out of the question. It would also be fun to meet some fellow Jeep aficionados along the way.

One option that came to mind is through Jackson/Tetons/Yellowstone, the other through Moab and CO. I'm all ears regarding suggestion you may have on the "best" route you would take.
Lawrence, I would do the northern route through Yellowstone and then through the Black Hills back to MN. Mainly since I haven't been to Yellowstone and would like to see that area.

If you want to go south to Moab, Colorado there are some cool things to do in Moab and CO, but from Denver you probably want to head north through to Deadwood SD and then back home. The drag from Denver up to 80 and through Nebraska and Iowa is not very exciting to say the least. (From Rapid City across 90 isn't too much better though)

The best option would to be to take a test drive south to JV so we can spend a couple of days testing it, then drive back to MN or Provo if it doesn't do so good .