View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Lawrence, I would do the northern route through Yellowstone and then through the Black Hills back to MN. Mainly since I haven't been to Yellowstone and would like to see that area.
Thanks David, here is the northern route I was thinking of. I am sure there will be plenty to see in the Tetons and Yellowstone, I just have to figure out where to stay. I heard that the roads can be closed due to weather though, so this is a consideration. As for the Black Hills, not sure where to go off the beaten path, suggestions?

Quote:
If you want to go south to Moab, Colorado there are some cool things to do in Moab and CO, but from Denver you probably want to head north through to Deadwood SD and then back home.
Here is the southern route someone mentioned to me. I am not sure why he chose some of those stops, but I'll get with him or google the places. Funny thing is that there must be something interesting in Deadwood, SD since both of you mentioned it.

Quote:
The best option would to be to take a test drive south to JV so we can spend a couple of days testing it, then drive back to MN or Provo if it doesn't do so good .
How big an RV are you renting and how much room do you have room on your trailer to tow it back?
I thought about it, however it would add another 1,400 miles to the trip and we won't have any accommodations for the week while in JV.