View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 03:04 PM
Arizona Chick

Send a message via ICQ to Wind_Danzer Send a message via AIM to Wind_Danzer Send a message via Yahoo to Wind_Danzer
Wow the search here works. hehehe Ok, here's my question. Driveshafts, need advise

Howdy all.

I have a few questions on pinion angle, measuring for a new rear DS after a belly up and what brand or person has a good track record with people here.

1. Pinion angle is determined by adjusting the rear arms so that it's pointing towards the t-case right. If so, where exactly do you stop in the adjustment.

2. I'm going to have a Jeep on 31's, D35, 2" BB and 1"BL (not sure if that matters in the measurement for the DS). How does one go about measuring for the new DS for the rear after a belly up and establishing proper pinion angle?

3. I know there is Tom Woods, HAD, personal shops. Are there any others I sould consider? If you suggest a personal shop, what info do I have to supply them? I did have a good shop that OK4WD uses in Easton, PA who fixed up my front DS and did a good job for me.

Lastly, is there anyway to estimate without having anything done, what length I'd need for the rear? Is there any special info that is needed or is it all about measuring once it's done?

Thanks all

BTW, I'd thinkI could find a majority of this info if the damn search on JU would work.