View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Administrator

To all concerned. You have gotten a bit defensive over my questions. You have posted lots of stuff, yet you still have not answered my questions other than to tell me that my guilt or innocence will be decided by a group of people that are not mature enough to refrain from peppering every other post with a flip off sign or growing up enough to refrain from doing do in just about every picture taken.

Not how or by whom I want my fate judged.

You asked for suggestions. It's actually fairly simple. We have no alcohol on beaches, let's have no alcohol on the trail.

Zero tolerance and most of the problems will evaporate. The outlaws will have no reason to be there. The borderliners will stay on the good side of behavior, and the party spots will get under control. Once you slow down the reasons that most of the outlaws go there, the traffic eases up, the waste problem goes down and may actually become manageable.

Enforcement is pretty easy, especially with a zero tolerance policy. That eliminates any gray areas and makes it easy to boot people out when caught with appropriate punishment by the actual law.

I am willing to give up certain freedoms to keep the trail open, how many of you are willing to give up drinking on the trail to keep it open?