View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Weston
Based on what the guy at RW told me, I don't think heat will be a concern for Blaine's setup. The original RW design had little vents on one side of the gun above the trigger. I guess they realized that heat wasn't a concern so they no longer have this vent on the new ones and they haven't had a single problem according to RW.

As a heads up for anybody considering a RW, the guy told me a few weeks ago that they are working on a revision which should be out sometime next year so that the gun is only hot when the trigger is pulled. I don't know if this mod will be solely on the circuit board (about $50 to replace) or if there will be other changes to the gun. Perhaps the current guns will be able to be adapted to the new setup?
The circuit board doesn't handle the current to the welding tip, it's strictly a speed control for the motor. That's why it's hot all the time. What they will most likely be doing is adding a solenoid of some type in there that will shift power to the tip when you pull the trigger.