View Single Post
Old 01-25-2002, 11:00 AM

You missed the point I was making Ron - that he can mildly outfit the Jeep, wheel it and then decide what he wants to do with it without spending a bunch of cash. If he wants to run the Hammers, he needs 35's and not 33's (personal experience on that one) and if he doesn't, then he can go from there, particularly if what he wants is looks. But wheeling it first and then deciding how much you want to get into it is a sound way to go so you don't waste cash by doing mods 2 and 3 times.

As for the 31's vs 33's issue, you can run 33's on a small lift with the stock control arms but I guarantee you that you cannot reasonably run 35's on that same lift on the Hammers with any confidence. That lift with 33's though will get you all over Big Bear and so forth if thats all you want to do.

As for people not liking the 31's, I think its a looks thing as well as people using lift instead of other engineering solutions to deal with problems. There is no reason why you can't run a belly up and raised gas tank on a spacer lift and 31's - that makes your Jeep the same as 33's except under the diffs and shock mounts and you drag your diffs and shock mounts with 33's anyways.

98 TJ Sport
D44ARB/D30Detroit/Teralow/35" MTr's