View Single Post
Old 01-25-2002, 12:50 PM
Banned

Just to clarify what I wrote, I'm not saying 31s are as good as 33s (or vice versa for that matter). It depends on what you want to do with the Jeep. There are plenty of 33" - 35" tires on Jeeps that certainly don't NEED them, and it probably cost the guy more to get there than he needed to spend (especially if he did it "right"). I think it's better to shop for a lift and tire based on the trail you want to tackle rather than a lift kit based on the size of tire you want to run (unless you know that tire size to be minimal for the type of trail).

33" tires do offer more ground clearance than 31" tires, but to say 33" tires are better because of that is a never-ending way to look at things. 35" tires offer more clearance than 33", but that doesn't mean they're better, unless you need them to tackle that last 1% - 5% of trails.

Also, if a person ever thinks they'll need 35" tires, they might as well plan out what it takes to get there and do it, instead of planning for 33" tires and having to re-do stuff. 31" tires is a point where very little (none) money has to be spent before you have to start deciding if you're not able to keep up with the type of trails you want to try

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom