View Single Post
Old 01-25-2002, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Just a little perspective.

I built a jeep (TJ) with 33's, locked front and rear, armored as needed, 4" of good lift, parts all working together.

I went wheelin nearly every weekend, and sometimes more for 18 months. Generally, right behind me, was a little black Jeep on 31's, no lockers, a little armor, stock shocks, budget boost, and little else.

He went everywhere I went. Everywhere I went, he went. We did every trail we could find, Big Bear, Los Coyotes, Cleghorn, we ran the tires off of those two jeeps.

At the end of it, the only way I could leave him behind was to step up to 35's and the more extreme trails.

What Ron is not mentioning about Moab, is he is doing the top 5 percent trails there also. I have been there and a stock Cherokee on 31's went everywhere I did.

Take out the top 10 percent of the trails, and 33's are the poorest choice of a tire size there is. Either learn how to drive on 31's and a Budget Boost, or go straight to 35's. Do not stop in the middle. It is a waste of time, money, and good rubber to land there.

The pimp is on 33's, but the truth is, his jeep will not go anywhere now that his other one on 31's wouldn't.

My best advice is to go with the 31's, Budget Boost, some correct armor, stock bumpers to keep the weight down, correct shocks, and go wheel the thing until he figures out how hard he wants to play.

Get with some of us and find out which armor will not have to be changed out if he does decide to go bigger later on. We will be glad to show and tell as necessary.

You are just another ride in the amusement park of my mind.