View Single Post
Old 01-26-2002, 08:53 AM

I bought my Jeep with 33s. A lift and 33s was on my short list of options when I shopped for my Jeep. Most of my Jeep experience was with my son and his friend. My son had 31s and was constantly stuck, turned back, and/or prohibited from continuing on many trails his friend, with a Samurai and 33s, could do. When I bought my Jeep with 33s he could not keep up and prayed for the day he could get 33s. He now has them and he, his friend and I can go just about any where we want. Lockers are the only thing that seperates us.

My whole point here is, when it comes to clearance more is better. More clearance opens not only more trails but many new lines that just can't be done on 31s. 35s open lines that can't be done on 33s. I'm sure you're going to have a ball doing different lines on the Hammers with your 37s. You guys say the biggest breaking point is at 31 inches. I say it's 33 inches. My wheeling is not limited to Southern California.
Another question. If you were going to Moab, the Rubicon or to the Phoenix area or any where you haven't been, would you rather be on 31s or 33s?
The only good thing about 31s is it's a cheap way to go. Who is happy with 31s that wheels much? I don't know anyone. I truly believe if this friend of Chris's goes for 31s he will be wishing he went straight to at least 33s. Didn't most of you guys? Again don't most of the big events require 33s for the more fun difficult trails?
Ron

I like the way my Jeep is now..... I'd just like it, well, a little higher off the ground with more ground clearance!