View Single Post
Old 09-20-2001, 07:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ace!:
I need to know, for sure, if I can drive without my rear drive shaft (without t-case fluid flying out somewhere). I pulled the shaft (slid right off the t-case output shaft), and have the output shaft of the t-case hanging ~8" or so out the back. I can't see why there would be a problem, because there is only the rubber boot of the DRIVE shaft up against the tail cone. Can anyone confirm this before I start driving

Thanks.

Áron O'Proinntigh is ainm dom[/quote]

Are you saying the proper thing (what I capitalized)??? The DRIVESHAFT does not include the x-fer case yoke!

If you have a TJ (not a YJ), you can remove the rear DRIVESHAFT AT THE U-JOINTS, leaving the yoke attached to the x-fer case, there should be a rubber boot w/ silver clamps that holds the rear yoke on the tail cone of the x-fer case. If the boot and clamps are in good shape, you can drive that way, no problem.

A YJ does NOT have that rubber boot and the yoke will slide all the way out and fall out, leaking fluid all the way.

Your rig may have been modified if you can slide the driveshaft, with the x-fer case yoke attached, completely out of the x-fer case (like lay it on the ground out, not just slid out but still attached)
HTH

2000 TJ 4.0L, A/T, all factory options.
Jeep Rater Score 360
http://www.hellbender.rockcrawler.com/
NRA Lifetime Member

[This message was edited by Hellbender on September 20, 2001 at 08:48 PM.]

NRA Lifetime Member