View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
I think it a regional thing. I jumped on the 3 row all brass and copper when they became available. Put it in both mine and Kat's.

Neither one cooled as well as the stock Plastic and Metal (the stock metal is in fact aluminum).

I really wanted them to as like most of you, I had it in my mind that the plastic was bad and the stock radiator a piece of crap.

I now have that piece of crap back in my jeep and will only switch it out for a high fin count 2 row full aluminum.

I really have to keep an eye on Kat's with the 3 row brass and copper. It wants to run hot.

I get a bit more time, I will swap her's back out for another stock one.

If you want to wait a bit, there will be an exceptionally high quality brass and copper sitting around for someone to use.
Now when you say wants to run hot.....how hot? 210? over 210? according to the stock guage? Just curios, because I didn't notice a darn bit of difference in my running temps when switching to the 3 row metal radiator from the stock unit. Up or down.

I replaced mine at the last minute on the way to Moab. I couldn't get a stock radiator (was under warranty at the time) due to availibility. I had mine the day after I ordered it, and installed at midnight before leaving for Moab!

With all the radiator comments, it seems that maybe there are different versions out there of the metal units? I wonder why all the varied results? I mean I live real close to John, but never had the overheating problem. I may add a real mechanical gauge to see for sure. I'm about to do the same with the oil pressure too.
68 Jeep M715 army truck
97 F350