View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert J. Yates
I've been following your posts Don and frankly, I think you need to lay down the law with your shop - its your Jeep and for what you are looking to do, a 44 and a built HP30 is plenty. There is a whole crew of us running that combo on 35's and for the most part, we are all pretty bullet proof. Thats not to say it won't break because eventually, everything can be broken but there is just to much experience out there with that equipment to ignore it.

One other thing - spares for the 44/30 are fairly easily found and can be somewhat inexpensive if you are patient. I have a complete spare rear axle set-up, a complete Warn front axle set, 2 spare small hubs and 2 sets of spindles and lock nuts. The only things I bought new were the hubs. The rest was found through connections or the internet for way less than half the retail cost.
Yeah, I hear you Robert. And although I was initially interested in at least learning more about the Tera 50 (and perhaps some of my other options), I have come around to the HP30 as the best platform to put the money I was otherwise going to put into my LP30. And I agree, I think the HP30 along with my upgraded LP44 (in combination with the other mods) are going to give me all the strength and improved capability that I am going to need for the foreseeable future. And whether Chris can come up with the HP30, or whether I end up getting one through my shop ... that IS the final direction I am going in.

Don