View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 03:58 PM

Re: Where do you stand on the issues

Mostly pro-life but believe there are some situations where abortion is appropriate.

Pro-gun: Against registration and licensing - it's a right, not a privilege. I support CCW permits as long as specific firearms are not listed/recorded. Training is never a bad idea, and most states require at least some training before a permit is issued.

Anti NAFTA and strongly for enforcement of immigration laws.

I support the war, just wish the job would have been finished the first time our troops were there....

Agree with the TV rating system but also agree with the others in that it should be self-regulated. That's why there is a button marked "Off" on the remote. Parents need to take responsibility for what their children watch.

Disagree with tax breaks for alternative fuel vehicles, but believe we need to reduce our reliance on oil and seek other forms of energy. Maybe tax breaks for companies that develop such sources - maybe that would keep the prices of alternative fuels more in line with oil?

I think parents should have options on where to send their children for education, and either vouchers or tax breaks are fine by me.

Marriage should be defined as it always has been: a man and a woman. I don't agree with screwing with the Consistution though.

Strong supporter of the death penalty, as long as it's applied fairly and with absolutely no doubt about the guilt of the person. Give them one automatic appeal to review evidence and make sure everything was done properly, and if upheld, the execution should take place quickly.

I think the "unwritten" law that you have to be rich to run for office needs to be eliminated. The current system does not allow a true representative of the people to be elected.

I believe "hate crime" is another one of those unneeded laws. There are sufficient laws on the books to cover "hate crimes" - they're usually called murder, assault, arson, etc. If you kill someone, chances are you really didn't like them that much anyway.