View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:02 AM

Other than installing a deep pan kit, cooler, and maybe a temperature gauge, I wasn't planning on modifying the transmission itself. Afterall, it's in good condition as is.

But here's one typical recent post suggesting mods, like this one for a change to the valve body that would "firm up" the shifts...

"Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
What would that do for me Ryan and how hard is that to install? I know nothing about the inside of an automatic transmission and I hesitate modifying a tranny that's still in good condition. ...

(response)
The valve body is responsible for the shift firmness.

Its pretty easy to remove the valve body. Drop the pan, remove shift linkage on trans, unbolt the filter, then the valve body is right there.

I don't know anything about modifying them. They scare me with all the mazes and little balls that roll around in there. A tranny builder did my custom valve body for me." (end of response)

I didn't think I recalled reading those of you with the 32RH had done much to it, is there anything I should be doing to it before bolting it up? I was leaning towards not modifying the tranny since it's apparently in very good condition as is.

About the only other thing I'm probably going to do is to maybe replace the chain inside the t-case while it's out, maybe install a rebuild kit or wide chain kit.