View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 03:04 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Quote:
Originally posted by cbassett
Very exciting project Frank!

What are the projecting HP and torque output values for your engine?
Hi Chuck,

I'm not sure what I am going to get out of this but I do plan to find out, exactly!

I currently have three vehicles with superchargers on them, and I can tell you they fly. But what I want to go after on the Jeep is a lot more torque. What makes this attractive is the bolt on, un-bolt off nature of the project.

I have read a lot and spoken with quit a few folks on this, both at Avenger and Kenne Bell's shop. I find it a bit amazing how talking about basically the same thing they all use a different language.

Jeep lists HP and torque at the fly wheel, not at the rear wheels. I want to determine what is at the rear wheel prior to starting the project. What's at the wheels is really all that matters to me.

Given everything I can find on various supercharger installations at a given boost I am looking to improve the torque, across the rpm range in the 50 to 60% range.

HP I would expect to be much more of a curve at the higher rpm's.

Time will tell, and so will I on how well this works out.

Wish I had better, more factual info to go on at this time, but then again, that's what makes this so appealing to me.

I also have a line, through my freind, on a four wheel Dynamometer that might be available for me to take the benchmark and post install tests on.

Frank

PS: I have a backup plan. If I don't get at least 300 ft/pounds of torque at the rear wheels I have a stock crankshaft on the shelf that I am quite willing to send out to be stroked for me!