View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 03:27 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Don?t Want to Build Your Own ADE System?

The ADE system I have described, documented and put out into the public domain is available for anyone to build for their own personal use. I encourage it.

To date I have received feedback from well over 300 Jeeper?s who are using this design to add a higher level of security to their Jeeps. I have in fact built more then 100 of these for folks, at cost.

I would like to continue to make available ready-built ADE Systems for those of you who would rather just buy a complete fully tested system.

Here?s the deal.

For the last few years I have been working with troubled kids.

Basically teens who have found themselves in the Courts System for various reasons. Sometimes when the Judge thinks it is appropriate and the kid can get some value out of it he sends him to me.

In other words, if he wants to stay out of Juvenile Detention he has to spend a certain number of hours with me. (No I don?t beat them up either!)

What I try to do is teach these kids that there are other ways to make their way in life other then stealing, doing drugs or beating each other up. One of these ways is to teach them how easy it is to make a living honestly, in their own business.

Anyway, I have been using the ADE System as a product for a company I set up for these kids to work in, run, own, and learn from in the process.

They build and test them (and sometimes install them locally) for a small fee. Then they get to manage the profit or manage a loss.

That said, here is the deal;

Buy ADE-II vs. Build ADE Opportunity

I have redesigned the ADE system into a new system called ADE-II.

The new system is a much more robust automotive type system providing the same function as the original but with higher quality parts including; a heavy-duty glass reed switch, 30-amp waterproof relay and a professionally wrapped wiring harness.

In addition the ADE-II will come pre-wired and tested and will allow a plug-n-play ability for a future add on system called ?Light Chaos? (see announcement below.)

If you would rather Buy then Build, or simply care to help in this social engineering project I have going on here the new ADE-II systems will be available shortly for $35.00 (US).

This includes shipping anywhere in the USA.

ALL money, (100%) will going to pay for parts and the labor of ?my boys?.

Any profits (I do expect between $3.00 and $4.00 profit per unit) will be distributed as ?earnings? to ?my boys? in the hopes of perhaps making a difference in their life?s understanding of how things can and should ?work?.

If anyone is interested in a good deal all around drop me a note at

email.id@worldnet.att.net

(Yes that is a real email ID exactly as written) J

All you will need to do is identify the insertion point on your TJ (or other vehicle), cut that wire and crimp two connectors on.

You will also need to glue the reed switch in the location of your choice, under the dash.

Note: It will be 2 to 3 weeks before they can begin to make these.

Thank you for your consideration on this.

Light Chaos System

Light Chaos will be an add-on or standalone system to the ADE /ADE-II Systems.

Light Chaos will cause the Jeep?s Lights to act really weird whenever anyone try?s to start the Jeep, or successfully ?hot wires? the jeep without first swiping the hidden magnetic reed switch with the magnet.

(Think Police Cruiser with individual headlights and all other lights flashing erratically!)

The intent is to cause attention to the Jeep, in a way that is not normal and not easily defeated, in the hopes that a thief will move on to a less high profile vehicle.

?Light Chaos? is currently installed and being tested on 6 Jeeps. For the last six months it has operated flawlessly.

Soon, as time permits, I will document ?How to Build Light Chaos?.

I will also provide a parts list, installation instructions and put it all out into the public domain as I have the ADE System.

Three Flavors of Light Chaos

For those of you who have already built and installed the ADE System, or who do so in the future, I will be providing instructions on how to wire the Light Chaos System into the original ADE System design.

For those with the ADE-II System, you will already have an interface wired into the ADE-II System that will let you plug the Light Chaos System into.

For those of you without an ADE System I will document how to build a ?stand-a-lone? Light Chaos System as I get the time.

ADE Document and Design Ownership

The ADE System was developed and documented by Frank D. (Daless2 on the Jeeps Unlimited and JeepBBS forums) and is being place in the public domain for unrestricted non-commercial use. In other words please feel free to build and install the ADE System for your Jeep

Commercial and non-commercial organizations are encouraged to distribute, post or host this write up on their web sites. All I ask is that no ?fee? is charged for this information.

Any who would like a soft copy of the write up in MS Word format you can download it my rudimentary web site at

http://home.att.net/~email.id/wsb/ht...ome.html-.html

A more permanent copy of these instructions can be found on Oman Jeeper?s web site at

http://www.oman4x4.com/installs.htm

Frank D.
(Daless2)