View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 04:59 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Good news (well, I guess it is good news...I feel obligated to say it is good news....mostly...I guess so anyway)

I hooked up with Ron and Tom today. As an added bonus, KevinF was able to join us too. Although Kevin and I both live in the valley, we had not met in person until today. Darn good Jeeper. I'll share a trail with him any day!

So, a REALLY fun time was had by all. Kevin drove his short bus very well. We did lower and upper Raw Deal. Kevin was open/open and Tom was LSD/open so we weren't looking at the Terminators or such today.

But that was NOT a problem because we had more than our fair share of fun on Raw Deal. Speaking of raw, I saw Kevin put those rock sliderz he makes to good use today. He spanked a couple of rocks and showed them who was boss. They took a lickin' and kept on tickin' (I've been waiting years to use that old line!) We helped him rearrange the last couple of feet of his exhaust pipe too. I felt kind of band about that one , but he was in the air hole and we had to get him out of it!

I gotta work on Ron....he kinda cruises through the obstacle and it is darn hard to get a photo of him. A couple of times, I had to yell at him to STOP so I could take a picture. I wasn't even goint to listen to the "no one took pics of me on the trail"! LOL

For the most part, we kept Tom's wheels on the ground, except for the air hole! He was grinning ear to ear before we let him out of it. I don't think he walked away feeling short sheeted one bit.

Me? Well, I finally got to nail an obstacle that I've been waiting on for a couple of years now. A front locker is mandatory since it requires you to climb a rock wall with your passenger tire while the driver's side hangs out in no-mans land. What a rush! I hope Ron got pics there!

We wrapped it up about 3:30 PM or so. We left Ron and Tom and headed back to Phoenix. They were going to pack up their camping equipment and go find a motel for the night....soft bed, hot shower, nice meal...and Ron said something about putting his feet up and catching a bit of TV before calling it a day.

I'll try to get some pics up shortly. Ron was burning up picture RAM today so he is going to have lots more than I.

It was so nice to run with friends, both new and old! I couldn't think of a better way not to spend a day at work!

The ONLY cabana boy in this community who has won a raffle!
http://www.stu-offroad.com