View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 09:06 AM

I'm glad this was brought up. Lately since the temperatures have gone to 115*, I have been feeling the heat pouring off my jeep's hood after I park it in the garage and was looking at putting in louvers or spacing up the hood. All that heat can't be good for the PCM and other electronic doo-dads under there. Maybe it is also why I keep breaking the little plastic retaining clips on the sensors when I disconnect them. They are brittle.

The ones on Frank's jeep look like the ones on a 5.9 WJ maybe?
The only louvers I've seen in the junkyards around here at from those little hatchback datsuns and they are awful sundried. They did have some type of rain shield on the underside of them though. I wonder how necessary that shield is or if the WJ ones have rain shields.

The underhood components in a YJ are pretty close to a TJ's. I might have to move my open element air filter so it isnt directly under the louver so it won't get soaked in a rain.

Where is your air intake filter at Frank? Is it the factory air box on the passenger side? Do you think there might be a hot spot difference with the corresponding movement of the air intake location?

You have done outstanding work testing out all this stuff.
thank you,
ty