View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 08:38 PM
The king of shotgun debate

I have received more then a few questions via email and PM on how the louvers and drip pans are mounted to the hood. Here is a bit more info on the topic.

The Louvers themselves I have held in place using 3M double-sided trim tape on the bottom edge of the louvers and the top of the hood.

There are six (6) little studs on the louvers that pass through the holes you need to drill in the hood. The drip pan is held in place on these studs with six small screws.

I just took a few more pictures to post.

Here is part of a louver illustrating the studs as they come through the hood.

Please note, the little pin in the center near the top of the louver is a locating pin for the drip pan. There is another on the other end. Kinda just lines everything up nicely to put the drip pan on.

The drip pan is not very thick at all. At it?s widest point I just measured 9/16-inch. My engine compartment is stuffed yet I have no clearance issue with these on..

Here is a somewhat poor side view of the drip pan. That circle is a dime sitting on a 2x4 block of wood holding the drip pan almost on edge..

For clarities sake I took a picture of the bottom of the drip pan. You can see the six holes where the screws go in to hold it to the underside of the hood and louver.

And the last picture is of the top of the drip pan. This is what goes against the bottom of the hood.

As I said the drip pan is held in place with six small screws into the louver studs that pass through the hood. This isn?t a problem for me but I will probably figure out a way to hold them in place using a Velcro strip or something like it..

Hope this answers some of the question I received via PM and elsewhere.

Good night all, I'm tired.

Frank