Thread: Going squirrely
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 10:16 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TObject:
William, you are a monster! How can you kill in cold blood such cute little creatures?[/quote]

Okay,

Sit down.

Once, I used to love squirrels. I fed them at the park, by hand. My wife loved this too. Feed, friendly, fluffy tales. Who could hate these animals.

1998, April, I was in washington DC for a week with my wife and daughter. A hiatus from Iceland. So, we hang out, see the sights. And we go to the mall outside the smithonian. I see some squirrells, and we decide to feed them. Spagetti. I dangle one out to show my daughter how to feed them. One scampers up. And instead of getthing the piece of spagetti, it latches on to my for finger, and bites me.
STRAIT TO THE BONE.
And I had to almost beat it off my hand.
It hurt, a little. But, the big thing, is, that they might have rabbies.

Do you know what the proccess is for a person who is bitten by an animal that MIGHT have rabies?

Anyway, since then, I go squirel shooting every time I go up north. My brother has a really good acurate rife that we can and have consistently hit at up to 350 yards. The ocasional 375, but with wind, and the relatively light ammo (teflon coated hollow tip varmit loads) it's harder at the longer ranger.

I have my own .22 with a heavy barrel, speed magazine drop and better stock.

R/
William
Jeepers are never strangers, just friends you haven't met yet.