Thread: Fess up Ace!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2001, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Fess up Ace!

I'd like to hear some first hand experiences of some bad TW shafts. My local guy looked at the TW shaft I got and quoted me $280 to build the same thing, not know what I'd been charged for the TW shaft. The local guy will be building my front shaft.
I don't like anyone being held up as the "best", because there probably is a guy that can build it as good and maybe for less. If there's a problem with TW stuff I want to hear about it so I can look out for it, but I'd like to hear about it from someone that had it happen to them (or if you, you being in the general sense not anyone in particular, were there to witness). There are plenty of JU-type stories of, "I heard a guy at Paragon wheeled with someone that had done Sledge and he said he passed a guy on the freeway that melted what looked like a Currie motor mount." That stuff should stay off the boards, unless it's funny of course! Didn't mean to take over your 8.8 post. Did the guy with the 8.8 have a TW shaft?

BTW, anyone ever order from 1800PIMP4PARTS? My Metcalf skid I ordered from there never showed up. If it doesn't come soon I think I'll cancel my California Top I ordered from there too.

Remember this post as MBS on JU?

Remarkable similarity to this one on here that I cut and pasted.

$170 ! ! !
I took my TW shaft to a local place that does a lot of drivelines for local racers and 4x4ers and he looked it over and quoted me $280 to build me the same thing. He's very well respected and I go into his place maybe once every week or two, so he and I are on good terms , but I think he would just laugh at me if I asked how close he could get to $170.00. Sounds like a great deal you got!

BTW, my parents bought a 2000 Dodge Ram and the next year bought a 2001 Dodge Ram, they liked the first one so much they figured they'd trade it in on the second with all the options they didn't get the first time. The thing they like the most about the Dodge is how fast the windows go up and down I guess it's a matter of what floats your boat.

It is not who you know, It is who knows you
Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps.
Which is more important, the degree or education?