Thread: We made it back
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 09:30 PM

First, thanks to Jeff (parabiddle) for letting me (pretty much a stranger) crash at his house tuesday night. This took about 1 hour and 20 minutes off what was gonna be along drive up anyway. So, thanks Jeff, you let William in your house.. you're a brave man!! JK..

The drive up was uneventfull. We ran into Seth on the way up, who just happen to be in the same part of town, on the way to sierria trek. Jeff and I learned to be defensive ends for the Caravan.

We crashed at a cool hotel, calm and peacefull, with an owner who was jeep friendly (we wrenched in the parking lot, and left trucks and trailers there). How often do you see things like that?
And the hotel was nice, with the coldest ac this side of a refridgerator.

The Rubicon trail itself is pretty fun. I'd say on par with big bear, only long.. Enough to make my rock crawling hunger just about full. There were some spots that were bypassed that looked like fun.

Art described pretty well the break down, which was cool because we got to run the rest of it down to 4 jeeps.

One shot missed on video of me climbing a granite slab - my second attempt has to be my favorite of all times Jeep maneuver. About 1/2 way up the jeep starts to crab sideways and I let off the gas just for a second and then kick it in.. And the jeep walks up to the top. I haven't had any wet dreams that good!! It was the highlight of all wheeling! Coming down Big Sluice, back up, and then down in the dark, all by the sounds of "Viloent Femmes" and "The Orb" is one not to be traded. Sarah was an AWESOME co pilot. If ever there was a Jeeper at heart with out a Jeep, she's it.

I got some good video, that I'll copy and pass out.

There was a surreal day by the river, deliverance meets.. I dunno, but it was a day that will live on in history. I'll sum it up that Anders' son did both water log rolling and techno dancing.. all in the same day. Hard to explain.. but it was.. cool.

The trip out was pretty cool, caddilac hill isn't that hard, but you've got to keep an eye out. We had lunch by lily pad lake.

I think that the Jamboree people lack a few things. The person who reported to be the "in charge guy" is the first person who I'd say was a pig s@# eating facious a@#*($#.

But, I'd do it again, so long as my friends were going. And I have the intention of doing so, if it's ok.

Any pictures?