Thread: We made it back
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002, 09:19 PM

Wink

Thank you to everyone, I had a blast. I didn't get the chance to take very many pictures. I'm sorry about that. I can't drive and take pictures and I wish that I could. Blaine managed to take a couple of me. I have a new nickname "scared kitty". I'm a wus. I admit it. The weather was near perfect. I did get bitten a few times but not really annoyed at the bugs. A few of us went swimming in the lake. It was cold but not freezing. The Rubicon is one of the most beautiful places that I have visited. I was amazed at the minimal amount of damage that the group suffered. On Saturday morning we were inspecting William's rig (he was the only one to drive through the mud hole) and scrapping off some mud, when an idea struck (Blaine and Jeff had already left to visit the bear) a stick appeared and the word "weenie" was etched in the mud on William's rim, then "I heart M" came next, this was finished off with some white paint and then covered in twigs and grass. The brains figured, that when the mud was washed off that the words would still be there. I also heard the rumor that there is a picture of Sara sitting on Williams lap in the Jeep and another one of William and Robert showering together under a waterfall. I let Jeff drive my Jeep a bit just so he could compare what the difference was in a TJ with an Anti-Rock. He wanted to know how my legs could be longer than his Dinner on Saturday night pretty much sucked, they had 270lbs of cow they were giving away. I opted for the pasta salad, bread and ice cream for desert. Art's rig is a monster. The campsite was comfortable with the grass to walk and sleep on, the dust there is horrible and I'm glad that I didn't have to camp in the stuff. Shalom's sister and I made deal to do some wheeling (Johnson Valley is not on the list for our Jeeps) maybe an all girls run and definitely the MDR run next Feb. Now if I could just get her to join our JeepBBS board. Did I mention that they had a couple of "Rubicon" Jeeps there? I liked the color. I saw a lot of right rear corner damage on the Jamboree Jeeps