View Single Post
Old 03-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Can I get a mint julep with that?

Jerry,

If you're gonna' swap out to the Currie draglink, now would be a good time. If not, don't let it stop you from going. I'm gonna' pick up a Currie link to go along with my heavy tierod w/big ends. I usually have spare u-joints, fluids, fan belt, radiator hose, heater hose, stock draglink, etc. Basically, I bring the same stuff I do anywhere. If you have spare front shafts it wouldn't be a bad idea, but not the end of the world without 'em. Last time on Sledge, an early Bronco blew up his front end right before the mailbox. With his two wheel drive and the help of a strap, he got out. My advice is to try to keep things as light as possible. Only bring the stuff you need and leave the rest at camp.

As long as you're cautious and aren't too proud for a few stacked rocks or the strap now and again, you'll be fine. You may distort some sheet metal along the way, but ... At 63, my dad took his rig out there for the first time and did fine. It just took him a bit to adjust to driving the big, tight, endless rocks (as opposed to Rubicon) and to learn to work with a spotter.

Have fun and make sure you have somebody to take pictures.