View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 04:01 AM

March 26, 2009: 60th short message (11:50 p.m. MEZ)

In the last night, we reached Egvekinot with front drive and a missing back wheel. It was an amazing "strange handicap run".

We met two Ural truck drivers on the way, who stayed and helped us. One of them let me cut of his dirt trap of one the wheels in order to build a sledge surface under the wheel, the other gave me his fender and some wood to attach it. At another spot one organized a damaged wheel out of thin air in order to bond it below the axis. Many thanks to you two super truckers.

Now there is the task to quickly organize spare parts for both vehicles. Juergen Graf and his team is busy working on it and they try to make everything possible. I hope we will manage it in short time. Together with the team I am currently working on further solutions. We have still a maximum of 8 weeks left to reach Uelen. After that, snow and ice will melt and it would be impossible.

April 02, 2009: New video clip

Quote:

Dear partners, friends, and fans,

The expedition is currently still in Egvekinot, and the expedition team as well as the employees from Limburg/Germany and all involved helpers are working with full pressure on necessary reparations and the development of strategies for the further progress of the expedition according to the current challenges.

In order to let you participate in the life of the team, we finalized and provide you a new video clip of the part from Jaktusk to Bilibino via the following link:

http://www.pny2009.com/cms/front_con...cat=659&lang=4

Best regards,

your Extrem Events team