View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 09:21 AM

Jason, I PM'ed you. Here's a copy/paste of most of what I mentioned:

I can easily see where you'd be where you are in the decision making situation given the details you mentioned and where you want to go with your rig in the future.

Like you mentioned, at a bare minimum you need 4.10's. So 4.88's are where I'd be looking to go instead of 3.73 to 4.10's. I do realize the added $ because the fronts will need to be changed to match.

I gathered parts & did lots of research, like you are doing, for over 5 months - so I know what you're going through! Isn't it fun??? Jeep=$=Jason=headache. LOL

The costs you mentioned look about right. Maybe the gathering of parts & doing lots of things at the same time is a better route for you since it seems minimal down-time is more of a concern for you, and I can fully understand that.

BTW: If you'd like to chat/call, feel free to give me a ring 24/7.

This is just one area I got lucky:

I got my 8.8 Yukon 4.56's & ARB from a good friend who lives in Colorado (he goes by boulderbob on the Colorado4x4.com forum). He just so happend to get in on a "group buy" through Randy's Ring & Pinion. Then later he found out I was looking for a set, so he got an extra set & passed the savings to me. ARB + R&P + install kit = $724 shipped to my door. What I'm trying to say is: keep your ears to the wall & maybe you'll run across a set for a good deal. Heck, I gave away my old D35C w/4.56 & ARB to a complete stranger for free. I never even met the guy. I just told him he could pick it up at MIT.