View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 AM

You'll need to tap into the brake light switch, 12v power, and have a good ground (I think that is all but it's been a while). All the brake controllers I've used had decent wiring instructions, but you'll need to supply the wiring from the cab to the plug, circuit breaker, etc.

EDIT: Depending on the trailer, you may need a constant 12v lead to charge the battery for the breakaway system. I think my trailer uses the same circuit used for charging the battery for camping trailers, but I have a 7-way plug set up for that use.

I decided the past few times that it was easier to just have U-Haul install the controller and do the wiring....

NOW: 1996 XJ, 4.0/AW4/NP242. 1.5" spacer/shackle lift, 30x9.50's, open both ends

GONE: 1998 TJ, 4.0/5-speed. Currie lift. D44/HP D30, 4.88s, Detroits, Tera 4:1, 2-low. 35" MTRs

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."

Theodore Roosevelt