View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 09:15 PM

Frank,
First I need to say that all my information comes from my training in emissions and computer controls. This information comes from instructors that are not experts on Jeeps specifically but more on computer controls in general. So if there is a Jeep specific control at work here I really want to understand. In all my travels I have not heard of this adaptive memory that stops adapting after 50 warm up cycles. Not to say it can't exist, only that I have never heard it discussed.
I'm still not sure we are not talking about the same thing and I am certainly not discounting any of your research (we all know how little effort you put into that).
But you do have one bit of information I believe is wrong.
That is that the LTFT does come into play in open loop (although the O2 is ignored). If this "adaptive memory" was not taken into acount in open loop than any changes made by it would be negated by the VET you speak of and that could lead to extremely high emissions in open loop. That is a big no no to the smog gods. That is why I am leaning towards the thought that your VET and my adaptive learing are one and the same. Where we differ is that mine is continuous and yours ends after 50 warm ups.
I will continue to to look into this on my end in hope of learning something new. But I do stand on my point that the adaptive memory of which I speak of will be the same after the force flash is performed.