View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Reggae

Thumbs up

Jim, just where exactly are you posting from? You have Internet access on the plane?

It was very nice to meet you. Please come again.

My brother and I didn't make it to the Friday run, but the Saturday was very enjoyable.

Brian posted a link to some pictures in this thread:
http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/showth...&threadid=5379

Breakage on my jeep was minimal. A torn valve steam. I had to run my good set of rims, while the other set is out getting beadlocked. Well, the good set is not good anymore. One of the wheels is missing a chunk. Got the fender once more. And the main seal on the rear axle is leaking again. Overall, very minor damage.

Robert broke the bell housing, because of the Terra oil pan skid plate. He also destroyed one tire, which was successfully patched good enough to take the jeep through the rest of Outer Limits with substance called "Grip Tonight", and put a dent on the hood. Jeff tore the trackbar bracket.

My jeep seems to stick to the line much better now, after we tinkered with the suspension. So that's good. I almost rolled it after I drove a wrong way through a section of the trail.

My condominium-sized tent was put to shame by Kat, who brought an installation big enough to house a community center, with swimming pool, basketball court and skating ring included.

On Saturday night we made Jim buy us dinner at the Rib Company. It was very nice. Appetizers included Mushrooms, Chicken Somethings, Buffalo Wings, Onion Rings, and Jalapeno Poppers. I had a pound of T-bone stake, with dinner salad, and stuffed potato, and a quarter of Apple Pie for desert.

I rode to town with Garry in his Hyundai. On the way back to camp I was on the back seat of the Land Rover Jim rented with Michael Schumacher behind the wheel. That was fun.

The weather was just wonderful.