View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 05:42 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Cliff Notes version of "Thank You My Friends"

I hope each of you who where able to show up at Johnson Valley, even if just for dinner can feel the appreciation I have for all of you. I hope you can feel it to the same level you have all given your appreciation of me.

I had a wonderful time folks. I'm sure it was kind of obvious that I'm not in the best of health these days. Thank you all for keeping an eye on me without making me feel like I am an invalided or being baby sat.

Blaine and Kathryn, you folks are truly the best! I am proud to call you my friends, and to be among those you call your friend. You two are the best example of the "3 C's" I know, Constant, Considerate and Cind!

Yes, you get your own version of Kind my friends, a version that is special to me. Friends don't owe friends anything, for no one keeps score, Yet just the same, you have an open invitation, you know that.

As we went thought his weekend, and I look back on the events of the weekend I can't help but to be struck by certain things along the way. (No I'm not talking about the rock that almost struck my side in the roll either). I'm talking about the teamwork in getting the roll righted, and operational, and checked out, and I'm also talking about what wasn't there too. Any whining!

Just a group of folks doing what needed to be done, without the whining of being held up, or having to change the course.

Same for the break downs. Sure we learned some things in the process. Heck Blaine even learned what a big pain in the you know what a "C-clip" tru-trac can be. All without a single word of whining. I think when breakdowns happen none of us are happy, yet I tip my hat to everyone there who could very easily have pi$$ed and moaned about it but rather choose to roll up your sleeves as a team and work work together to resolved the issue and get off that trail.

You all did well, and made a bad situation simply go away.

While the wheeling was great, I think sitting around the wood fire on the lake bed was simply the best. Yes freezing my butt off, but just the same enjoying the heck out of every moment.

Posting here has it's qualities, but no where near as enjoyable as being eyeball to eyeball, sharing thoughts and ideas, listening to voice inflections, and seeing the smiles.

I don't know when, but I will be out again, perhaps even with my Jeep so that I can say for real "I've wheeled the Hammers"

Thank you, for the second time as your quest I had a wonderful time in your back yard and more importantly in your company.

God Bless you all my friends.

Frank