View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 08:07 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Quote:
Originally posted by NAILER341
this is a FANTASTIC bit of information you provided. THANK YOU! one question though.. i'm assuming you verified all of this for your jeep tj. will the same thing work for my 95 yj pcm?
it would be great if it did. i have done a few things to my engine that i dont believe are optimized. i have the larger injectors, bored throttle body, and k&n filter. i'd guess that the pcm would have a few adjustments to make for this. i have seen some notable performance changes with these upgrades, but i'll bet there is more to be had with the info you just gave
i'll be flashing this thing tomorrow!
you have sure done your homework on this project!
2 big thumbs up for your effort and shared knowledge!
Hi Erik,

I'm sorry to say I can only verify this flash procedure for the Jeep TJ.

However I don't think it would hurt any to perform the procedure on your YJ. The worst case I believe would be that it doesn't erase the Adaptive Memory, if indeed there is Adaptive Memory in the YJ PCM.

Wish I could be of more help to you on this.

I'd call this Chrysler Engineer back and ask him if I thought he would be willing to give me an answer. In truth the only reason he did the investigation on his end was becuase I made him feel guilty that he owed me for taking up 3 hours of my time a while back.

He did however call me back a week after I called him and read to me over the phone the exact same steps to Flash the PCM as I had been given from the folks at Avenger. So I feel confident, that two independent sources gave me exactly the same thing.

Thank you for your kind words.

I have a tendency to be a bit anal about projects like this, but that is where I find a lot of pleasure. In learning new things and trying to find out the "facts" as apposed to all the marketing hype that surrounds so many things.

My testing efforts are not always the most scientific, but I do try to make them real world. (On my Jeep, in the world I live in and not in some lab.) My efforts are to satisfy my needs to Know what is going on and what the benifits are to me. I try to think through what I want to measure or test, make sure it is important to me, explain how I did it and what the factual results are to the best of my ability.

Nothing I do or say should be taken as gospel, but rather just as my best efforts and certainly with a grain of salt by anyone who reads it.

I'm having fun here! And if in the process other folks can get some value out of it then that's great too! Part of the hobby of Jeep'n, and why I enjoy it so much.

Have a great evening,

Frank