View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 02:15 AM
The king of shotgun debate

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck K.
Frank, fantastic job as always on your write up , you are going to cause me to have to live in the 5th wheel for a while if I go out and get one of those .. How did you deal with the hood clearance issue we talked about? If you get the time would post more pics and some of the details of the install. I would like to know if its a job I could handle (remember I have an IQ equal to that of a head of cabbage)
With this "force flash" business do you think there is any validity to the article we spoke about where an individual is reflashing or reprogramming TJ PCM's ?
Thanks, Chuck

Hi Chuck, how are you my friend?

I?m about ready to post a few General comments and observations that I have made so far. And a few criticisms too. I?ll cover the hood issue there.

Then I plan to go into a bit of a detailed write-up on the installation. Bare with me and I think you will see what?s involved. Bottom line, I have no doubts you?d be able to install this. It really is bolt on for the most part and one minor grinding function.

You might be right about how the forced flashing and how they go about reprogramming the PCM. I would imagine it someone discovered exactly how the interface worked into the PCM one could simulate the 50 warm-up cycles and flood (fool) the PCM?s Adaptive memory all at once.

It possible, but I don?t have a clue how to do it myself. Read that; I?m stuck driving it and shutting it off to cool down for 50 cycles before I reach peak benefit of the Adaptive Memory function.

I have to tell you, I am at 275 miles now with 32 warm-up cycles. Soon I should have this done. I can tell you, there is no doubt things are working a lot more smooth then now then right after I fired it up after the installation. This ?adaptive Memory? process appears o be working as far as I can tell, but then again maybe that my imagination too.

Soon I?ll do the dyno runs and find out for sure.

More in a bit,

Frank

PS: Thanks for the call last week. It?s always a pleasure chatting with you. One of these days perhaps we?ll get an opportunity to wheel together in the same place!