View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 10:36 AM

Talk about old (there is a jeep in the picture).

My "other" hobby is bike riding. A while back I talked with a compadre about the benefit of riding a "fixed gear" bike; similar to track bikes: they have no brakes, and are fixed. That is to say when the wheels turn, the cranks turn. This is supposed to be of great benifit for training. A lot of people buy old bikes and simply put fixed gear wheels/hubs on the rear. So I set out to find a cheap old bike... And after being astounded that thrift stores wanted upwards of 59 - 75 dollars for some very tired old bikes: I ran across a beat up old bike in the back of the store. After a very car sales like talk with the clerk, I pulled it out and took it home super duper cheap.

Well, I get it home and clean it up a littleto find out what needs to be done... and low and behold under the grime is a bike liscense for the city of LA.. that expired in 1976. After doing a little research, the bike turns out to be a 1972 Nishiki Kokusia. Everything on it is original. I pulled out my CO2 bottle, put some air in the tires, and.. it rode perfectly. Talk about wild! Near as I can tell the bike was stuffed in a garage, and not ridden for about 27 years.

Just thought that it was cool
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sold by sticker.jpg (38.7 KB, 248 views)