View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 07:47 AM

Thumbs up

Awesome scenery! That area is truelly beautiful. Words have difficult time descibing the scenery. A 200 mile trek is one hell of an accomplishment!!

While hiking to Rainbow Falls (??) at Devil's Postpile Nat'l Mn't, feeling really good about being out hiking, we ran into a 70-something year "young" couple that were doing a trek like that. We were humbled big time after a 30 minute snack and chat with this couple. If I remember right they too had started at Tuolumne Meadows and were in the middle of their trek.

Prior to becoming a "Jeeper" my wife and I did a ton of Day-Hiking. She was not willing to make the jump to ful on backpacking but we did get into a lot of beautiful areas. We limited out trips to 15 to 18 miles RT. Some days that was too much, particularly at high elevation. There are so many great areas to hike in California that we can not even get a sniff of in a Jeep.

Thanks for the fresh pics and write-up.
Grey '00 TJ 4.0, WarnXD9000i/X Line, D44/30 (4.56) ... Atlas, Warn Hubs(F&R), Rear Disc, RE4.5, 1" BL/MM Lift, DT3000's, ARB Locked-F/R, Tomken Gas Skid, 4XD Rocker Guard, MORE HC Bumper, YORK OBA, Garvin Tire Carrier/Trail Rack, Rockhard Cage, GY 35x12.50 MTR / Hellcat's

http://fototime.com/480DEB5DE804473/thumbnail.jpg