Thread: Control Arms
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2001, 05:11 AM
Banned

Ace,

I agree with HB on the road vibration. I did not notice it too much when I had the short arm 4.5, but on the long arm I do. I think it's because they went with cartridge joints at both ends on the rear uppers.

Out of all that I've seen (have seen and ridden the RE, Tera, Sky, don't have any experience with the currie) RE seems to hold up the best in dry and wet mud. Mind you, I did not say that none will every tweak or brake. I've had them in mud and they are fine. Just wash them off a bit at the end of the trip. The only time I grease the cartridge joints is when I'm adjusting the race which is not that often.

To those with Tera and Skyjacker. Sorry guys but I personally have seen and fixed torn brackets caused by these arms. If I had to buy an arm of the shelf it would be RE.

Btw, a good Jeep friend that lives in Montana, with initials of BJ, that has excellent resources and knowledge, is building me some custom lower rear arms. I'm sure he or I will take some pics. Hopefully I will have these custom arms by the end of next year

Jim B.

97TJ El NiƱo, Mods listed on Web Site.
JJB@worldoversea.com
http://www.jeep.worldoversea.com
Jeep Rater Score: 42