View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 06:29 PM
The king of shotgun debate

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Frank, OBA of the York variety does indeed suck, it sucks as much as manual trannies, hydraulic winches, limb risers, tall skinny mud tires and any other of a plethora of mods that I will not install on my rig.

There must be a reason I won't install it, that would be because they have less than the correct attributes for my needs, or put simply, they suck. Usually that term is used to describe something that is less than desireable and in this case was used correctly.

Now if Robert had said that OBA is a poor performer, costs too much or any other of a myriad of reasons why he wouldn't want it, I could see your point, but since his version of "it sucks" meant that it was an undesireable mod, I see and understand his point.

We didn't or I didn't say your OBA sucked, just his or any that I might have in proximity to me that looks like it may want to reside in or on my rig.

You may shotgun this thing to death, expound profoundly until the cows come home to roost and nary a hair of my opinion will you part the other direction. OBA sucks and if it didn't, I'd have it on my rig. You on the other hand are welcome to install as many Yorks as you can fit, finagle or carry.

Hi Blaine,

I certainly understand different people having different needs and likes and dislikes. And I certainly have no desire to change your mind on anything you have installed on your Jeep.

That said,

My definition of "Something Sucks" usually comes with a reasonable reason for such a bold statement.

I believe Robert said his was "while the install held up fine, I did notice some areas that would eventually fail and frankly I no longer see any reason to complicate and compromise my vehicle systems with that stuff."

I have no doubt Robert de-installed it for the reasons he said, but I don't think, (IMO) anything in the above statement supports "On Board Air Sucks".

Now Stu has some good examples of some of the things I would think could support the argument.
(I suppose anyone who ever aired up a Jeep having no CO2 in the tank could also justify why CO2 Sucks!)

But no one is arguing that point. CO2 works well.

There is no issue of which is better, just why it sucks.

Robert choose to simplify his installation, and I know it will indeed work out for him.

But simplification, no matter how you cut it, doesn't transforms into "OBA it Sucks"

Life is just that simple sometimes.

Have a great night.

Frank