View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 05:30 PM

Well, this will be my final set of impressions on the brake kit.

I had a chance to take my camping trailer on its inaugural trip.

I took my daughter camping up to Lake Arrowhead, so I figured it would be a good dry run to see how the trailer would shake out for the trips out to JV.

Anyway, I loaded up my jeep with my daughter, another dad and his daughter and we stuffed all of our camping gear into the trailer, along with a full cooler, wood and I also threw in all my JV tools and gear as well.

The brakes worked perfectly. I'd say, at a guess, the trailer weighed about 1000lbs.

I felt the weight a bit behind the jeep, but the brakes worked about the same as with the jeep unloaded.

I had no issues at all on the freeway, nor going up or down from arrowhead.

The brakes worked perfectly, and they scrubbed speed easily and quickly the one time I had to stop a bit hard on the way down from arrowhead on the 18

Anyway, here is a photo of the jeep and trailer so you guys can get an idea of what I was towing.

Overall, I am quite pleased with how well the jeep pulls this trailer and with how well the brakes work. I was worried the jeep might overheat running the A/C or going up the 18, as the temps were around 90 this weekend, but the needle barely got over 210.

Anyway, once again, I recommend the brake kit. The brakes certainly work well with light towing.