View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PAULHEAD
I bought it from this little girl from Oregon who came back after being away for some time. She can't afford the gas it drank so she got a Toyota and did'nt drive it any more. It's got 113,000 miles on it and when she bought it only had 80,000 something miles from some people who kept it on a farm and did'nt drive far in it. 1985 F250 with a 460 in it, $1000. I've been driving it to work this past week to figure out any bugs (not for long the gas is killing me) and it rides sweet.

P.S. Has the tow package.
One of my Best Fords yet was my '85 Ford very similar to yours. That truck loaded with trailer and Jeep ran circles around every thing but the gas pump I ran that truck almost trouble free to 190,000 when I traded it in for an extra cab for the kids.

The only trouble it ever had was the intake manifold. Keep and eye on yours. It's common on that vintage of 460. Also if it's an 8800lb gvr it should be a 3" exhuast without a cat from the factory, part of the reason it kicks butt going up hills! I stll miss that truck to this day
68 Jeep M715 army truck
97 F350