View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kranky_kel
Ha Ha
I already have the u-joints installed and the front end tore down. Come and get the axles.

My next step is removing the old axle seals and installing the new ones (which I think is probably going to be the most challenging part of this whole project). I would not bother with the drivers side seal, but it is leaking.

It is funny (well not really), that you have not received your stuff yet. Because when I initially ordered the kit, Northridge called me back. They stated Superior had told him that they just sold their last YJ kit the day before I ordered mine. I was informed that it might take a while before I get my kit because they were going to have to build a new one to ship to me.

BTW, what will you are throwing the axles into, a YJ, TJ?? Did you order a ?kit? or just the shafts?
I hear ya on the seals, but do it right the first time!

Yeah; it must be because you ordered a YJ kit as mine is the TJ shafts only. Mine is an '03 so seals and such are good.

I asked about your kit as i'm overhauling a Comanche right now and I plan on removing the vacuum disconnect and going with the PosiLock cable actuator kit.

You know; Stu and I were talking the other day and I might have goofed. The Warn hub kit comes with Warn outter shafts. The Superiors won't work.
totally worn out, shouting,
"...HOLY $HIT...what a ride!"