View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Internet jeeps rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I run 39's because I can, because I'm a crappy driver that compensates with bigger tires and better suspension, and because I'm compensating for deficiencies in other areas. Difference is, I have no problem admitting it.
Funny stuff Blaine. I hope I didn’t come out too pi$$y as it was not my intention. I am more than happy to be challenged, or even teased. As I told you before, 33s are plenty enough for me, and if I can't make it on 33s, I shouldn't be on that trail anyways.

As far as the weiner thing, I don’t have a problem admitting it either, since after the little experiment it got seriously deflated. I think that the 33s-4.88s-4-speed auto combo absolutely rules. Hey, maybe we can all gather around the campfire, sing kumbaya, and see who can swing bigger circles? I’ll be in the smaller one, and as long as someone is there to take halfway decent pictures, I’m game. Well, maybe not.

Anyway, I too think that Matt’s pic is a good example of a well balanced setup. It appears to be just enough to compensate for any driver’s lack of skill/judgment, without being over the top. Now, the thing that bugs me is the tire choice, but as you pointed out, the mainstream brands seem to offer advantages that others don’t. Right now, as far as size, I am leaning toward the skinnier 33x11.5 if I can find one decently priced.