View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
How'd you fix that on the trail?

Great pics!
The creativity involved in trail fixes does not always involve the actual part being repaired.

This time we chose to be creative with logistics.

Two rigs with passengers finished the last half of the trail leaving two rigs with passengers behind to get all of Brian's steering off.

The two that continued to the top removed the steering from one of the rigs upon completion of the trail. One of the passengers opted to carry the now removed steering back down the trail to be installed on Brian's rig.

The rig with intact steering then scooted back to camp, grabbed spare steering out of the trailer box and ran it back up to the top to be installed on Darrell's rig. By the time the round trip to the lakebed was done, steering re-installed, and tools picked up, Eric with a k and Brian were almost to the top of the trail.

Fairly painless way to deal with it.

Now, had the trail been longer or further from camp, we did have the means to fix what was there with the welder and some other steering parts, but I wasn't too keen on hacking up my chromemolley steering links if I didn't have to.