View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Allen,

I appreciate the suggestion, and in fact, Blaine also felt that I would probably gain some increased cooling from doing that over the 3-core Advance Adapters V8 conversion radiator I currently have in my TJ. However, despite the incremental improvement, it likely would not be enough. I say that as I should have clarified that I not only have a Dodge Magnum 5.9L V8 ... it's a highly modified and higher performance version over stock, so an engine that is already known for producing a lot more heat than a 5.2L Magnum, is no doubt producing even more.

In fact, Steve Roberts of Advance Adapters unequivocally stated to me yesterday that their #716687 copper/brass 3-core radiator would be woefully inadequate for cooling a modified Dodge Magnum 5.9L V8 with air conditioning. He said that for an unmodified 5.2L it would have been fine, but definitely not for my modified 5.9L application. And while Steve felt confident that their top of the line aluminum 2-core cross-flow V8 conversion radiator would no doubt improve the cooling over the current Advance Adapters radiator in my Jeep, he wasn't even sure that it would end up cutting the mustard without going with a 2500 to 2800 CFM electric fan (the latter of which I would rather stay away from).

So, at this point, I am continuing to look in the direction of a custom Ron Davis aluminum down-flow radiator (as well as a couple of other aluminum radiator options).

Don