View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Aluminum LAs Drool!

Re: Re: Presentation about the Sierra Club

Quote:
Originally posted by mrblaine
Once again, I am baffled as to why we fight, only to lose in the public's eye by getting tossed into the same trash pile as those who lack respect for others and the land they use.
Why? Because the Sierra Club and others such as the Center for Bio Diversity makes sure that you, and I and every other motorized user (including motorcyles and quads) are always in the same category, called OHV. By doing so, anything you do to limit or restrict the actions of the idiot directly impacts every non-idiot motorized driver....and that is exactly what they want. Unfotunately, resource managemant plans will never be written for two categories of OHV users, the "responsible" and the "idiots".....if they were, we wouldn't have a problem and you and I would be guaranteed unrestricted OHV opportunities for ever. But, they are written to manage "the" motorized vehicle user....and there in lies the problem....our problem.....and the Sierra Club and CBD likes it that way.

So we fight, in spite of the idiots, in order that you and I have some place to drive our Jeeps.....and the idiots get to come along for the free ride at our expense.